Review: Kruve Sifter for Grinder Calibration

To improve your coffee, improve your grind.

Chances are you’ve heard this advice (or some variation of it) before. And for good reason – it can save you a lot of time spent spinning your wheels making mediocre coffee.

But why is grind so important?

At the end of the day it all comes down to extraction. Here’s the gist: Only around 30% of a coffee bean can be dissolved by water (the remaining ~70% is insoluble material) – but more isn’t necessarily better, and in this case we don’t actually want to extract all 30%. Instead, the sweet spot we’re after is 18-22%. Continue reading Review: Kruve Sifter for Grinder Calibration